This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan. Oh and very delicious!
- Recipe Yields: ~2-4 servings (depending on whether you’re using it as a main dish or a side dish)
- Prep Time: ~10 minutes
- Cook Time: ~30 minutes
- You could actually cook everything in one skillet if you would like
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter, split into two skillets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2½-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups organic, fresh chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in each large skillet over medium heat (2 T total).
- Rinse, dry and chop mushrooms and add to the first skillet. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add rice to second skillet and cook, stirring continuously, coating the rice with butter, for 3 minutes.
- Add wine to rice and continue stirring until the liquid is completely absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Add broth to rice ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously until all the liquid has been absorbed. The mixture should get creamier as you stir.
- When rice is cooked al dente, turn off the heat and stir in spinach and combine the two skillets into one.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Risotto is a great source of complex carbohydrates. It will super charge your energy levels and will definitely fill you up! It’s also a great “comfort food” meal if you’re in the mood for something creamy and healthy! This is one of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!