This recipe is: Gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free. It can be made raw/vegetarian/vegan by omitting the chicken.
There are lots of recipes out there for zucchini spaghetti, so feel free to explore. Below is a mixture of recipes I’ve found makes the best dish! If you’d like this dish to be Raw/Vegetarian/Vegan, omit the cooked chicken.
NotesRecipe yields: 2-4 servings depending on your portion size Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 20-40 min (For chicken only) Equipment Needed: Vegetable peeler, food processor
- 4 medium zucchinis peeled with a serrated peeler
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 c. fresh basil
- 1/4 c. raw cashews
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- 2 small or 1 medium organic chicken breast
- Cook chicken breasts and set aside. I prefer to grill the chicken on the grill, but you can bake it in the oven or grill it on the stove if you prefer. Just make sure your chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 170°F before you eat it! It should be white, and not pink, in the middle. Eating raw chicken will make you sick, so please be sure to cook your chicken properly. Start cooking these first since they’ll take the longest. (Omit for RAW dish).
- Blend ingredients for pesto in a food processor until smooth
- Scoop zucchini into bowls, top with pesto, tomato, avocado and chicken