This recipe is: Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan.
I love desserts you can eat without feeling guilty, and this one falls into that category! This fruit tart is completely RAW, which means nothing is cooked, it uses all raw, whole foods as ingredients. It is also gluten-free. Thank you Judita Wignall (2) for this fabulous recipe!
NotesRecipe yields: 8 servings Soak time: 2 hours Prep time: 30 minutes Chill time: 2 hours Additional Equipment Needed: Removable-bottom tart pan (optional)
- 2 c. macadamia nuts
- pinch of sea salt (optional, I did not use it)
- 1/3 c. Medjool dates
- 1 c. raw cashews, soaked 2 hours
- 2/3 c. coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (I didn’t use this b/c I didn’t have any vanilla beans laying around the house)
- 1/4 c. agave nectar
- 2 tblsp. water
(Use whatever fruit is in season, or any fruit you prefer to make it your own!)
- 1 c. quartered strawberries
- 1/3 c. blueberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Place the macadamia nuts and sea salt into a food processor and process until ground. Add the dates and process again until incorporated. Don’t overprocess, it will release too much oil.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 9.5″ removable-bottom tart pan lined with parchment paper. (I did not have a removable-bottom pan, so I just used a glass pan, without the parchment paper. It turned out just fine.)
- Starting in the center, press with your fingers to form a firm crust. Make sure the sides are firm so they don’t lose their shape when removed from the tart pan.
- Process the cashews, coconut oil, vanilla bean, agave nectar and water in a high-power blender until very smooth
- Pour the custard over the crust and smooth with an offset spatula (or regular spatula). Chill for at least 2 hours.