This is a RAW recipe from Judita Wignall (2) to make your own chocolate. Use it for cooking, for dipping fresh fruit or anything else your little choc-o-holic heart desires.
NotesRecipe yields: 2 cups Prep time: 15 minutes Chill time: 30 minutes Additional Equipment Needed: None
- 1 c. cacao butter, shaved into small pieces
- 1 c. cacao powder
- 2-4 tblsp. agave nectar (the more you use, the sweeter it will be)
- 2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Melt cacao butter in saucepan over very low heat. It should be warm, not hot and you should be able to touch the pan and the cacao butter without pain. Turn the heat on and off to regulate temperature, use a candy thermometer if necessary. Cacao butter should be between 95° and 98°F.
- Stir in the cacao poser, agave nectar, vanilla extract and salt and combine very well. Add in your favorite ingredients (nuts, etc.)
- Pour your mixture into chocolate molds and let set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before removing.
This chocolate will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 months. Sweet! Also, be cautious not to get any water or steam into your chocolate mixture, as it can cause it to curdle. If that occurs, melt additional cacao butter and stir in little by little until the mixture once again becomes smooth.