This recipe is: Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan.
I must admit, this combination, pineapple and avocado sounded a bit odd to me at first, but it is absolutely amazing! (Not to mention extremely easy to make).The best advice I can offer when it comes to this recipe, is do not cut corners. Use REAL pineapple and REAL lime juice. I mean, get a lime, and squeeze the juice out of it. Don’t use the juice out of that plastic green container thingy they sell at the grocery store. I cut corners the first time I attempted, and it didn’t turn out so well. Second time around…completely different story! What a difference REAL food makes! This is one of my favorite recipes. I actually ate this for dinner every single night for 3 weeks on the Clean Program, never got tired of it. I even had it for breakfast the other day! Recipe courtesy of CLEAN (4).
NotesRecipe yields: 1 bowl or 2 small cups Soak time: N/A Prep time: 10 minutes Chill time: N/A Equipment Needed: Blender
- 2 c. pineapple, diced small
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 – 1/3 c. water (optional, for thinner texture)
- A couple pieces of diced pineapple for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except garnish in a bowl.
- Take half of that mixture, put it in a blender, and blend. Add water if thinner texture is desired.
- Pour blended mixture into the bowl and fold into diced avocado/pineapple mixture.
- Add optional garnish if desired, serve chilled and enjoy!