This recipe is: Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan.
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (or garlic salt/pepper)
- garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Halve each sprout lengthwise, then put in a large bowl for mixing.
- Drizzle the the olive oil over the sprouts, mix, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer sprouts to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown, crisp outside and tender inside, 30 to 35 minutes.
- The leaves that are loose will be especially brown and crispy, and are absolutely delicious if you ask me!
- Transfer sprouts to a serving bowl and enjoy!