- According to an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) survey, nearly 65 percent of patients would exercise on a regular basis if their doctor suggested it and they had appropriate resources.
- 25 percent of obese women suffer from migraines. - Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
- When shown graphic images of arterial disease and obesity, study subjects where more likely to choose fruit as a snack than high-calorie grub like chips and cookies. The images created negative associations and subjects’ desire to eat unhealthy foods was reduced for at least half an hour. - Healthy Psychology, Gareth Hollands, Ph.D.
- There are an average of 500 sweat glands per square inch in the skin on your face, palms and soles.
- Approximately 80% of Americans are considered overweight.
- A recent study showed that 41 million Americans drink water contaminated with antidepressants, hormones, heart medications and other prescription and over-the-counter medications that have made it through the water-treatment system.
- We absorb more water through our skin via bathing and showering than through drinking.