This recipe is: Raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Oh. My. Gosh. So… a friend posted this recipe on her Facebook page last night. The moment I read it, I got up from the computer, went directly to the kitchen, and 10 minutes later, I had these ridiculously fabulous brownies in my mouth. Words really can’t explain how delicious they are, you have to try them for yourself! Want even more good news? They’re made with all-natural, healthy ingredients! No refined sugar added, no butter, no shortening and best of all—no baking! Enzymes are left in tact for easier digestion! Hooray!
- Recipe Yields: 20 servings, but I suppose that all depends on how large your servings are.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, if that!
- Cook Time: None, it’s a raw dish!
- Freeze Time: Optional, a couple of minutes if you’d like.
- Notes: Adding some of the optional ingredients will alter the allergen labels.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted (Organic if possible)
- 1 c raw cacao
- 1 c raw almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- A squirt, ~1/2 tsp, of agave nectar (optional)
- ~1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- Place walnuts in food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the cacao and salt, pulse to combine.
- While the food processor is running, add the dates one at a time, through the feed tube. You should end up with a mix that appears like cake crumbs, but when pressed, sticks together easily. If your mixture is not sticking, add additional dates, one at a time.
- In a large bow, or in the pan or tupperware you plan on storing the brownies in, combine the brownie mix and chopped almonds by hand.
- Press into a lined cake pan, or tupperware. Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve, store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy the best brownies you have ever eaten, and share the healthy love!