This recipe is: Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and vegetarian.
Thank you to The Urban Poser for this delicious recipe! Check out their blog for a homemade marshmallow recipe as well!
- Recipe Yields: Four 8 oz. servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 cup canned coconut milk (try BPA free)
- 2 cups water or coconut milk beverage
- 6 tbsp. organic cocoa
- ~1/3 cup honey to taste OR 3 tbsp. agave nectar or 1 tsp. stevia (Depending on how sweet you like your cocoa! Remember, you add in small quantities at a time, you can always add but can never take away!)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- a dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg (optional)
- Over medium heat, combine all the the ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan. While heating, whisk the mixture till well combined. Continue to stir until the mixture just barely breaks into a boil.
- If you’d like to create a nice foam on top, pour the mixture between to sauce pans/pitchers a five or six times times. You can also use a french press or milk frother, if you have one. Pump the press a few times to create some foam.
- Pour the hot cocoa into mugs, add a dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg if you’d like and enjoy!