If you’re reading this post you’re probably thinking one of two things. 1) This girl is crazy—I would never make my own deodorant or 2) This girl is crazy— but I wonder what this homemade deodorant thing is all about? Either way, my experience with organic, clean, aluminum zirconium-free deodorant was so wonderful that I decided to make my own. Don’t want to make your own, but interested in trying it? Lucky you —you can purchase it online from Live Whole Be Free’s Etsy Shop!
- Recipe Yields: ~3-4 ounces
- Prep Time: Less than 5 minutes
- Notes: Feel free to experiment with different essential oils for different scents! Try lemongrass, tea tree, jasmine, peppermint, lime and geranium.
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 5 drops essential lemon oil
- 5 drops essential clove oil
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together baking soda, arrowroot powder and coconut oil.
- Add lemon and clove essential oils and mix again.
- Scoop into jars and voila! You’re done!
If you’ve got a homemade deodorant recipe that you love, please share it below! There are some various ingredients that can be used including shea butter and sunflower oil. We’d love to hear your variations on the recipe!
Remember, if you’re interested in trying this recipe but don’t want to make it yourself, you can buy it online from Live Whole Be Free’s Etsy Shop! Check out our tips and tricks post for even more wonderful information!
Peace, love and delicious-smelling armpits,