This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, vegetarian and vegan.
This is a delicious, nutritious and easy recipe to make any night of the week! Thank you MindBodyGreen for this recipe! Omit the polenta if you do not eat corn.
- Recipe Yields: 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs gluten-free Tamari (or soy sauce if you eat soy)
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- 4 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Large carrots, chopped
- 1 Head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 package polenta, cut into bite-sized pieces (or 1 dry cup prepared in advance)
- 1 can of chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 Avocado, diced
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok at medium high. Add onions, garlic and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas and polenta. Add a dash of tamari (or soy sauce) to help veggies cook. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sauce. Transfer to bowls, top with avocado and enjoy!