This recipe is: Raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan.
This recipe is DELICIOUS! Feel free to make them in rammekins instead of tart tins. Also, these are very similar to the Raw Fruit Tart, but the cashew cream filling has a lighter consistency, since the cashews are soaked longer. Enjoy!
- Recipe Yields: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Soak Time: Overnight
- Freeze Time: A couple hours
Cashew Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup filtered water
Walnut Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 medjool dates
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt, or no salt)
- 1 heaped tsp coconut oil
- handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or any fruit of your choosing
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with filtered water. Cover the bowl and allow to soak overnight.
- Place the walnuts and salt in a hand blender or food processor and blend. Add the dates (remember to remove the pits) and coconut oil and blend until a fine rubble is formed, scraping down the sides with spatula as you go.
- Evenly place the mixture into tart tins or rammekins (about 4), and create a cup-like shape. (The cream filling will sit within this cup. Place in the freezer for several hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, place in a food processor with a quarter cup of filtered water, the agave and vanilla extract and blend until completely smooth. Again, scrape down the sides using a spatula ensuring there are no bits in the mixture. Keep blending until it is super smooth, adding a little more water if necessary – not too much, remember you can always add more but you can never take away!
- Transfer the cream to a Tupperware dish and refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove the walnut cups from the freezer and allow to slightly thaw for a few minutes before running a knife around the edge (I found a butter knife works best) and carefully easing out each cup – the coconut oil will ensure they won’t stick to the muffin molds.
- Spoon several tablespoons of cashew cream into each cup and top with sliced kiwi and a few fresh blueberries – or any fruit of your choosing.