This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Get ready for THE most amazing banana bread you’ve ever eaten. Yes, ever. Not only is this bread delicious, but it’s PACKED with protein and fiber!
- Recipe Yields: ~8 servings
- Prep time: 12 minutes
- Cook time: ~50 minutes
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Grade B maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar (or raw honey if you’re not vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ~1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (add at the very end, after dry ingredients have been combined with wet)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds (sprouted has more nutrients).
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- A few dashes of sea salt
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional: walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- Preheat oven to 360°.
- In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients except for almond milk together until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Almond milk slowly, until the mixture is moist, not soupy. You will not need more than ~1/2 c.
- Drop mixture into a 9″x5″ pan* and spread evenly. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for ~40 minutes. After 40 minutes, remove the foil and check the bread. You may need to cook the bread for an additional 5-10 minutes without the foil on to brown the top. I sometimes even throw the oven on broil for a quick 2 minute to brown the top.
- Let cool, then slice and enjoy the world’s best banana bread! You’re welcome! 🙂
* If you use a different size pan, your cooking times may vary. For instance, if you use muffin tins, your cooking time will be shorter.
Feel free to be creative with the ingredients! Nuts, seeds, raisins, etc. are all great additions, and if you don’t like something, feel free to omit it! Enjoy!