This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, grain-free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan.
I absolutely love roasted vegetables. Cauliflower provides a great source of Vitamin C, which boosts immune function, as well as Dietary Fiber, which helps in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. The basic roasting technique in this recipe can be applied to any root vegetable and seasoning options are up to you, although salt, pepper and olive oil is simple and delicious.
I like tossing leftover roasted veggies with fresh spinach, leftover cooked grains (such as brown rice or quinoa), and a simple Dijon & lemon vinaigrette. By adding nuts, seeds or beans to the mix, you can get extra protein in as well.
- Recipe Yields: 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 Heads of cauliflower
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Turmeric
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Yellow mustard seed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° and place a rimmed cookie sheet in the oven while it’s preheating.
- Meanwhile, rinse cauliflower and cut into pieces (any size you like, just make sure they’re consistent in size).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil and all spices.
- Toss cut cauliflower in the spice oil and use your hands to make sure the spice oil is distributed evenly.
- Remove heated baking sheet from oven and spread the cauliflower evenly on the sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
Serve as a side dish with Lentil Dal, or on its own with brown rice, chopped fresh spinach and chickpeas for a complete meal.